Frequency = the number of times a mail item has been interacted with in a four week period based on the following list of interactions:
- Opened it;
- Threw it away/recycled;
- Read/looked/glanced at it;
- Took it out of the house (e.g.to work);
- Put it on display (e.g. on a fridge, noticeboard);
- Used/did something with the information;
- Filed it for reference or records;
- Passed it on/left out for the person it's for;
- Put it in the usual place;
- Put it aside to look at later.
For example, addressed advertising mail has an average frequency of 4.2. All delivered items have an automatic frequency of 1 upon delivery.